Re: [WriteLog] SO2R with 2 computers

To: cfmorris@bellsouth.net, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SO2R with 2 computers
From: Werner Maier <werner@maiers.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 07:59:31 +0200
Seems like the best way for You could be the
SO2R-Master (Arraysolutions).

There You have complete "manual" control over left/right rig
for microphone switching.
Maybe You have to put it in between YOU and the computers.

So:  mic -> SO2R -> computer1 + computer2, and each computer
directly connected to one radio.

So You can use function keys for Calling CQ (CW/SSB) on each
computer, and have the mic connected to left or right.

You just have two things to remember:
1) switch left/right manual on SO2R-Master
2) log the qso into the "correct" computer, for correct frequency
information.

73s de Werner DL4NER.

--Charles Morrison <cfmorris@bellsouth.net> Mittwoch, 21. September 2005 21:24
-0500:

> Survey to the group.  What is the best way for SSB and CW contesting with
> Writelog using 2 computers.  That's the catch.  All of the devices are great
> if you're using 1 computer, it'll switch the focus of the audio, it'll
> switch the microphone input, it'll switch the cw output, etc.  But what if
> you're running 2 computers?
>
> Who's running 2 computers?  What are you doing for SSB mic input and
> switching?  1 mic, 2 radios.  What are you using for CW input?  The rig is a
> FT-1000d, so the built-in keyer controls both CW inputs, so if I use
> computer keying, I have to have an external keyer.  Can I use 1 paddle, 1
> external keyer and a Y cable between the two rigs and just control the TX
> with the VOX?  Obviously both rigs will be keyed, but only the VOX radio
> will tx.  Im not as concerned about RX audio, that can be controled with a
> mixing board.
>
> Just a few questions to the group.
>
> Thanks
>
> Charlie