Re: [WriteLog] SO2R with 2 computers

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SO2R with 2 computers
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 01:04:36 -0500
Because the person in question has been using NA for some time with 2
computers, and is having enough trouble mastering Windows much less
Writelog.  Keeping it to one log per radio is easier for him.
Charlie
KI5XP
bellsouth.net <mailto:HYPERLINK> ]
 Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:25 PM To: writelog at contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] SO2R with 2 computers
Survey to the group. What is the best way for SSB and CW contesting with
Writelog using 2 computers. That's the catch. All of the devices are great
if you're using 1 computer, it'll switch the focus of the audio, it'll
switch the microphone input, it'll switch the cw output, etc. But what if
you're running 2 computers? Who's running 2 computers? What are you doing
for SSB mic input and switching? 1 mic, 2 radios. What are you using for CW
input? The rig is a FT-1000d, so the built-in keyer controls both CW inputs,
so if I use computer keying, I have to have an external keyer. Can I use 1
paddle, 1 external keyer and a Y cable between the two rigs and just control
the TX with the VOX? Obviously both rigs will be keyed, but only the VOX
radio will tx. Im not as concerned about RX audio, that can be controled
with a mixing board. Just a few questions to the group. Thanks Charlie KI5XP
WriteLog at contesting.com
http://www.writelog.com/