[WriteLog] Vista & Com Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Vista & Com Ports
From: "Sunflower" <mrtoburen@sunflower.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 21:28:50 -0500
Does anyone have a solution / recommendation to solve my problem?

I downloaded 10.63 and have read all of the reflector, the help file, and other
references on this subject but I can not get Setup Ports to recognize Com5 and
6.  I am running Vista.  I made changes to the Writelog.ini file in C:\windows
to:

[Ports]
CommSlot3=5
CommSlot4=6
[Report]
Call=AA0FO
[Multipliers]
CallPrefix=AA0FO
Location=C:\ham\Programs\
[Install]
Directory=C:\ham\
[Configuration]
DataFiles=c:\ham\contest\
WaveFileLocation=c:\ham\WaveFiles\
RecordingLocation=c:\ham\AudioRecording\
[Summary]
MultNames=Sec,Dx,ITU,DX,Mul,Zn,St,Grid,ZN,MUL,Ca,Co,Pref,HQ,Sta,Prov,DXCC
QsoNames=QSO,CW,PH,RT
[GreatCircleLookups]
RussianDX=cty_rus.bin
NA_cty=NA_cty.bin
VK_cty=VK_cty.bin

However, when I start up Writelog and click on Setup > Ports, I still get the
default Com Ports: Com1, Com2, Com3, Com4.

Marshall Toburen, AA0FO
Kansas City, KS