[WriteLog] Using MMTTY with WriteLog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Using MMTTY with WriteLog
From: "Rick Lindquist" <n1rl@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 19:20:30 -0500
Well, I'm stumped again. Even after reviewing (and reviewing) the fine
tutorials by Don, AA5AU, I still cannot get the MMTTY module to transmit FSK
RTTY with WriteLog. MMTTY works fine as a standalone program from its
currently assigned COM port (7), and I can even get Rittyrite to transmit
FSK (from the type-ahead buffer; there don't appear to be any memories -
just a funky little tuning screen with a very slow response time).

After selecting the COM 7 under Rittyrite's Ports menu, then "Software
generated FSK TXD," the "COM-TxD(FSK)" choice in the MMTTY Setup MISC screen
is grayed out. At one point, I got MMTTY/WriteLog to key the radio, but it
just transmitted a carrier, not RTTY.

I'm using a RIGblaster Plus on COM 7 via a USB - >RS-232 adapter. The radio
is an ICOM IC-756PROIII. I had been using the general DXCC tracker logging
module, but it still would not work after I loaded an RTTY RoundUp contest
module.

Any ideas or suggestions? Many thanks! 73, Rick, N1RL