Re: [WriteLog] Using MMTTY with WriteLog

To: "'Joe Subich, W4TV'" <lists@microham-usa.com>, "'Don Hill AA5AU'" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Using MMTTY with WriteLog
From: "Rick Lindquist" <n1rl@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:30:20 -0500
Hi, Joe & Don

Thanks again. Yes, I'm aware that the MMTTY engine does not use EXTFSK, and
the rest of what you say makes sense. The USB - >serial adapter I'm using
(which has a Prolific driver; the hardware has no mfr ID on it) came with my
RIGblaster Plus. West Mountain Radio's info is what ultimately pointed me to
EXTFSK, since I couldn't get MMTTY to work as a standalone at that point.

So, could the issue be that I need yet another USB - >serial adapter that
will handle 5 bit codes? Can you recommend one? (I have another one here,
but I have not tried it; however, it did not work when I was trying to get
MMTTY to work as a standalone either.)

73, Rick