Re: [WriteLog] WAE QTC's

To: <K2NV@arrl.net>, "'REFLECTOR writelog'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WAE QTC's
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 22:16:23 -0600
Just got email after the contest so don't know if this has been addressed.

In your message "QSL MY QTC?", be sure to put a %R at the beginning of his
message.  This will force a LF/CR at the start.  It's a
GREAT idea to put %R  at the start of nearly all messages.  The only messages
you would not start with %R would be ones that are
used to append to other messages.  Also, good to put a space at the end of all
messages before putting the %E to end the message.

I had what I think is a problem with QTCs but not sure.  When someone asked for
a repeat, the only way to send a repeat was to click
on the QTC in the QTC window.  This works great except I could only end the
transmission using the ESC key.  It didn't end
automatically.  I thought pressing ALT+1 or the 1 key should resend QTC #1,
etc,  as it says in the Help file. Or perhaps not on
RTTY?  Maybe this is the way I always had to do it.  I just don't remember
because of a case of CRS.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com