[AMPS] parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasitics
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 98 17:38:55 -0500
>Jon, if you believe in those theories that strongly then I suggest that
>you and Rich team up and publish an article in a reputable journal. I am
>a strong believer in peer review and this reflector is read by only a
>tiny fraction of engineers.

ARRRGH!

How many times do I have to say it:

I AM NOT ANY KIND OF AN EXPERT ON THE STRUCTURE AND MAKE-UP OF TUBES!  I
CANNOT SAY WHAT THE EXACT MECHANISM IS.  IT WOULD BE IDIOTIC FOR ME TO
TRY AND WRITE A PAPER ABOUT SOMETHING THAT I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT!

Sorry to yell, but I wish people would actually read my posts.

All I am saying is that I see how Rich's theory COULD work.  Is it right?
 I don't know.  Is it POSSIBLY right?  Based on my limited knowledge I
think it could.  Do I know for sure?  No.  Will I ever?  Probably not.
Do I care?  No.

Is it fun to see all you guys get your undies in wads and start to hurl
insults over theories?  Yes!

I've never claimed that Rich is correct in all his theories.  I could
care less about bent filaments.  What I have been talking about is the
suppressor circuit and mechanism of oscillation.  That I understand
somewhat.

Now, I asked Carl for this, but he has neglected to respond, so maybe
someone else can:

Can someone else put forward a detailed and reasoned theory of what does
bend filaments helixes?  Supposedly they are there.  So far though in all
this debate all I hear is, "No, Rich is wrong, wrong, wrong.  Rich is
senile.  Rich is a schlock designer."  etc. etc.

I haven't seen any logical discussion of why Rich's theories are wrong
and what the alternatives are?

How about that?  Dick, why don't you and Carl write a technical paper on
your theories?

73,

Jon
KE9NA