[AMPS] SWR Protection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SWR Protection
From: w7ti@jps.net (Bill Turner)
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 21:29:25 -0800
On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:50:22 +0000, Steve wrote:

>PS I also think that there will forward and reflected power on a piece of coax
>with a short in it or an open on the coax

With an open or shorted piece of coax, there will be forward and
reflected voltage and current, but relatively little power, since the
impedance will be almost purely reactive.  That's why I emphasized
measuring voltage and current rather than power.  A true RMS power
meter in such a circuit would show close to zero in spite of large
amounts of voltage and current.

73, Bill W7TI