[AMPS] ALC

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ALC
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 20:34:07 +0100
Dammit - I wish I could find the plots I did of the 'risetime' out of my
IC706IIG to publish. I'll have to take a fresh set. From memory, 150% for a
few ms, then zero for 200ishms then about 20ms risetime to levelled power.
Never seen the like of it - all bands, all modes.

I sent the plots to Icom UK, who sent them to Japan. I got a reply saying it
was 'normal'. A bit like the excessive gain on 2m which results in enormous
wideband noise levels and hooting at 100MHz which takes out the PIN
switch...oh, shut up Steve.