[Amps] Non-linear subharmonics was: Nonsense, AL-1500 parasitic

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Non-linear subharmonics was: Nonsense, AL-1500 parasitic
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:03:13 +0000
On Tuesday 21 May 2002 02:43, Ron wrote:
> I read these pages and couldn't find a reference to the f/2 discussion.
> It seemed to discuss injecting energy into a resonant cavity using a charge
> pump running at twice the cavity frequengy and also injecting it at other
> frequencies to obtain mixing products.
>
> Second, Steve's comment about "any thing (even noise) getting into the
> amplifier is an invalid argument in that any ligitmate signal that enters
> the amplifier is a mixing product and we already discussed that.  If it
> were noise ....well noise is random and so the harmonics and mixing
> products would be noise and randon as well.
Don't be too hard on me Jeff - I was only passing on my best recollection of
an article I read that offered an explanation for things I'd seen in
practice. Also, I think I wrote ...**maybe** even noise...

I'm not sure in my own mind that noise need be excluded as a trigger for the
suggested self sustaining action that produces f/2, 3f/2 etc. signals.

73, Steve