[Amps] Muffin Fans and hot exhaust

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Muffin Fans and hot exhaust
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 20:19:29 -0400
> Do the muffin fans hold up ok with all the hot air
> being pulled through them?  I use one to enhance the
> exhaust from two 3-400Z tubes.

Fans and blowers work significantly better when pressurizing another
fan, rather than "pulling air" after it goes through a restriction.

Very few fans or blowers like to have hot inlet air, or to be placed
where exposed to IR heating. This is especially true for typical
muffin fans.

Assuming you had fans that the could work together, airflow rate
would increase much more if you added a second fan to force air into
the existing blower rather than pulling air out after it goes through
the restriction.
 73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com