[Amps] Wide Band Audio

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Wide Band Audio
From: "Jimmy Jones" <jjones@etex.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:59:54 -0500
Guys,
Joe and a few others are exactly right. Be careful what you wish for. All the
guys that are doing wide band audio at this time are purchasing AM gear. You
say you don't like them now? Just Wait... I actually heard a guy on the air the
other day say "and those guys going inside their radios and modifying them
too". My god what has this hobby come to?
I think the mess really started with incentive licensing. Lets make all the
bands like 160 meters with only 3 classes of license (novice,tech and general)
and get back to real ham radio. There is room for everyone and all types of
experimentation.
Jimmy,
n5ifi