Re: [Amps] QSK or not

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QSK or not
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 06:46:50 -0500
Hi Jim,

Well, I've tried QSK --- tried to FORCE myself to like it, even! --- but
it's just not for me, I'm afraid...reminds me too much of operating SSB with
the VOX delay control set to near zero, where you can hear the background
noise on the frequency between every spoken sylllable.

Do you operate fone like that, too...? Do you really, honestly like it...?
And don't go telling me that it's somehow different because it's sideband, &
not CW...to me the techniques are one & the same.

I guess after 35 years as a licensed Ham I'm still an inexperienced,
technologically backward kind of a guy...but nobody's perfect, & I can live
with this one imperfection! Hi Hi

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ