Re: [Amps] Viewstar PT 1000a

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Viewstar PT 1000a
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:50:45 -0700
One good reason I can think of is if you are running RTTY through your
standard 100 watt rig, you would want to limit power out to 30 watts or so.
Use an amplifier to get100 to 200 watts out on RTTY with out frying the rig.

If you don't use power you can't break the DX pileups from stations that can
run 1Kw.

I hope that answers your question.

Mike