[Amps] Amps DOA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Amps DOA
From: cx7tt@4email.net
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:25:45 -0300
Gentlemen,
The point of my post was NOT to slam Acom equipment nor service but
rather to point out the difficulty in maintaining ANY SS or
microprocessor controlled unit.  I am quite happy with the quality and
reliability of my Acom, it's just that being so far from major ham
populations of the US or EU make service trips extremely expensive.  I
think my next amp of choice would be the Command Tech HF-2500 which I
could work on myself. I do not need instant band changing as being the
DX,  I dont have to do very much S&P. My issue is getting the US/EU to
beam to SA, HI. On the other hand, my amigo, CX5BW and I may just build
up an amp using a 4CX1500B.
All the best from the "Southern Cone".
73
Tom