Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-80A Receive muted - relay?

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>, dezrat1242@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-80A Receive muted - relay?
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:12:19 -0800 (PST)
NEVER, NEVER, did I say NEVER polish relay contacts with emery paper, sand
paper, or something similar.  There are special burnishing tools made for
cleaning relay contacts.  However, if you don't have such a tool then use a
strip of bond paper or business card saturated with a cleaner.

Using something like emery paper or sand paper WILL destroy the contact in a
hurry.  You want to gently remove corrosion, etc., not to remove any plating,
etc., which you will do if you use emery paper or sand paper.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com