Re: [Amps] our amplifier in 2010 CQWW

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] our amplifier in 2010 CQWW
From: "Sam Carpenter" <sam@owenscommunication.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:44:56 -0500
I once visited a large contest station when I was very young with a friend.
Each band had a room (like a studio) with a Huge amplifier mounted in the
wall and sharing a common exhaust system with all of the other amps in all
of the other "studios". They had average reading (bird) watt meters and a
normal voice would show 2kw, average with normal speech. I had to use the
restroom and the station owner cautioned me not to enter the last room on
the left. He opened it and the  B+ PS was that room and it took up most of
it. The station did not finish in the US top 10 for that contest as I
remember. It ain't always the power.