Re: [Amps] SB-200 power supply diodes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 power supply diodes
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq72@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 22:54:20 +0100
http://www.duncanamps.com/psud2/index.html for a dedicated pspice
programme which will give you a very good idea of what's what in a
PSU - including allowing for transformer resistance which isn't so
easy with the pen and paper version, and giving you rms current
values so you can guage heating effects (can be higher than you
might expect).

For what it's worth, my pen and paper guess puts the conduction
angle at 13ish degrees at 0.6A dc, which means the average current
during that 13 degrees is 8.3A each half cycle. Since the current
waveform is not rectangular, the peak current will be somewhat
higher and each diode will see it on alternate half cycles, which
is 50 or 60 times a second, depending on where you are.

Steve