Re: [Amps] MFJ products

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ products
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 20:46:47 -0400
On 9/10/2012 7:30 PM, Mike wrote:
Dave,

You have to look at it this way, if MFJ had not bought up many of the old
Ham Radio Equipment suppliers we may not find stuff at all or at reasonable
price, anything that is shipped you should check out before using including
Alpha products

Both Cushcraft and Hy-Gain would likely be gone if not for them.

I have an old MFJ-989 Tuner and also AL-1500 both of which worked perfectly
out of the box.

I've had 2 989C tuners and no complaints. I did have to clean the coils and contacts a couple of times over the years and I did have to be careful about the resonant point on 160m antennas as I could get the tuners to arc if that resonant point was near the bottom end of the band and I was running the legal limit. They worked well for the money.

73

Roger (K8RI)

You Criticize and admit you have never purchased their equipment, so why
don't you just keep quiet instead of using bad language on the group with
absolutely no personal experience.

K6BR