Re: [Amps] Screen current problem solved!

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Screen current problem solved!
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 21:12:25 -0500
On 11/9/2013 8:08 PM, Carl wrote:
Its those little things that bite you on the a**.

Been there done that and is why I bought a 3000 W CCS RCA load, built by
Bird, with a tapered snout and rated to 1000 mc at a hamfest almost 30
years ago.
It included a seperate 5" wattmeter in a cabinet, and a set of  250 and
1500W slugs for the 400-1200mc range, total of 4 elements. It works fine
at 1296 with barely a tickle of VSWR and is still useable at 2304.

Out here in the heart land it's rare to see things of that quality and probably only those who work with them would have recognized the value.

All for $125 since others passed on it as they werent intelligent enough
to realize it works fine at VHF and below also (-;

That's the price for a single slug for an inline watt meter <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)

 This was even before
no coders and make believe Extras !!

The resistor is still within 2% of 50 Ohms and based upon the mc ratings
it has to built before the pointy heads forced that EU crap on us. I do
turn on a pair of larger size muffin fans when pushing or exceeding the
3KW.

Carl
KM1H