Re: [Amps] Input SWR revisited

To: <donroden@hiwaay.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Input SWR revisited
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 14:33:53 -0600
Yes Don, with a 1/4 wavelength of 75 ohm cable you will get an impedance
transformation from 100 ohms to 50 ohms. If the cable is other than a
quarter wavelength or multiple of you will have a different impedance
transformation and see something other than 50 ohms.

But in the model that I was explaining all cables were 50 ohm cables.
The only time that there was an impedance transformation was when a tuner
was involved. The cable after the tuner changed the resonance of the tuner
which resulted in a change seen in SWR.

73
Gary K4FMX