Re: [Amps] more - oil bath GS-35b

To: "'Steve Wright'" <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] more - oil bath GS-35b
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 23:22:22 -0500
How is the radiator different from the tube? Heat transfer is about
temperature difference, flow rate and turbulent flow. The greater
temperature difference the faster the heat transfer.

If you slow down the flow thru the radiator you at the same time slow it
down at the tube.

Faster flow increases turbulence and decreases heat layering giving better
contact to the oil/metal surface. Slow flow allows layering of the heat in
the oil which acts like an insulator as it flows slower near the metal
surface. Faster flow causes more turbulence which breaks up the layering
reducing the insulating action. Better heat transfer.

See:Laminar flow.

73
Gary K4FMX