Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 18:32:15 -0500
I've had several "elmers" over the years but of late I've been
unable to find one here in SE-GA.

The few with the skills are either already up to their eyeballs in
projects or disinterested in making the time and/or getting creative.

The project I've wanted to do for years is to convert an Elmac AF-67
to variable-carrier DSB.

73, David KD4E

I have tried for years at the local club level, to be an 'Elmer', and be
available to share my knowledge and experiences with others.  With ONE
exception, no one cares.  Just give them their UHF/VHF and they're
happy.  Not much difference from CB radio.

73 de Steve, NR4M