[Amps] Fw: help

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fw: help
From: A Lawrence Fibich <lfibich@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 17:58:13 +0000 (UTC)
  Subject: Questions: Connecting a Drake Amplifier

 Hit a roadblock I am not understanding. I wanted to connect a Drake L-4
Amplifier (also have a Drake L-7 - same problem). Looking at the input the
unit/s want - they want AGC input - I am familiar that ALL other Amplifiers I
have used accept/require ALC input.  I am trying to drive either of these units
with a ICOM IC -756 - it only outputs an ALC.  Of course the definitions of AGC
and ALC is not the same - or about the same functions.
Then also - beyond my understanding clearly caution in the manual ... "WARNING:
Set the Transceiver output power and linear amplifier ALC output level
referring to the linear amplifier instruction manual.  The ALC input level must
be in the range 0 V to -4V and the transceiver does not accept positive
voltage.  Non-matching ALC and RF power settings could cause a fire or ruin the
linear amplifier."QUESTION: 1. How do I connect the ICOM to the Drake Amp? - ?
what if not connecting anything to the AGC on the Amp?2. How could a
'non-matching ALC and RF power setting cause a fire? ?over heating the Amp?
Thanks for any assistance73W6EFLarry FibichSacramento, CA area