Re: [Amps] Fw: help

To: A Lawrence Fibich <lfibich@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fw: help
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 11:33:54 -0700
Hi Larry,
ALC/AGC circuitry in linear amplifiers was primarily used in the days
of vacuum tube, transceivers, which did not have a power output
control. With your station, there’s no need to use the ALC.   Just
don’t connect the cables and you’ll be fine. Your ICOM transceiver has
a power output control, so just turn the power down so you don’t
overdrive the L4B or L7.
73,
Jim w8zr
Sent from my iPhone