Re: [Amps] Alpha 91b problem

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 91b problem
From: Kimo Chun <kimochun@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 17:17:15 -1000
Back in 2014, I asked EPD, Inc., in North Carolina to make me a transformer
for my 91b. I contacted Hammond but they didn’t seem ready to do it.
Perhaps just my impression. Another 2 hams also wanted them. I assisted
Peter Eggimann, EPD owner, with physical measurements and other info. I
sent him a bad transformer for reference as the space in the amp is really
tight. I believe he produced 4 and tested with those in GA and FL as they
were closer. Then he shipped me mine.

Mine worked/works fine. 60Hz only. He said more core was required for 50 Hz
and he thought theirs was undersized. He wasn’t sure he could build one
(for 50 Hz) and have it still fit.

I have his spec-drawings and photos he took. It’s an LT-xxxx part number
but I don’t have it handy. I can provide all upon request. Call EPD, Inc.,
for a current quote and lead time. They’ve advertised in either QST or CQ,
occasionally, for years. Plus, he had a booth  at Dayton. Good people.

Kimo KH7U