Re: [Antennaware] Testing the theory..

To: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Testing the theory..
From: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 03:33:45 +0000
"Guy Olinger, K2AV" wrote:

> There may be some directly measured data out there, but I have never
> seen it, and would love to see the citation if it exists.
> 73, Guy.
---------------
Although it's on loan to a friend now, The Collins Radio
"Fundamentals of Single Side Band" book has exactly that. I seem to
remember mine was a second edition published in 1952.

It has all sorts of data on near field, far field, radials, antenna
height, and about anything else you might want. All their measurements
were derived from a hugh antenna range, as I recall, a military
installation in Virginia. Also UHF and VHF line of sight tables.

Also diagrams of the "old" wire antennas developed in the 40s and how
feed them.

And no, it's definitely not for sale!

):>
Ed