good ol' boys on 75m

Subject: good ol' boys on 75m
From: mraz@rdxsunhost.aud.alcatel.com (Kris I. Mraz) (Kris I. Mraz)
Steve / AA9AX says:

> A couple of years ago, I recorded some guys on 10 meters who constantly
> QRM'ed others and used frequent vulgar language and obscenities.  I
> figured it would go for naught, but sent it to the ARRL/FCC anyway.

A thought just occured to me when I read this: email has made it much
easier for people to "write their congressman". Witness the claim that
over 600,000 email messages were sent to the Washington pols last year.
Sending a recorded message from 75m is just as easy by including it as
a uuencoded .wav or .au file. A recording can be emailed to the FCC, ARRL,
your congressmen, etc. just as easily. You no longer have to make a
cassette copy for each person you want to send it to.

My suggestion, then, is to email the recorded vulgar language and
obscenities to everyone you can think of that could have a positive
affect on the situation. And do it every time you witness it. I can't help
but believe that this would become a real "squeaky wheel".

73
Kris AA5UO
mraz@aud.alcatel.com