[CQ-Contest] RE: CQ WPX-A Modest Proposal

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: CQ WPX-A Modest Proposal
From: kw4t@erols.com (Dan Weisenburger)
Date: Mon Apr 6 08:12:44 1998
I really don't care how many hours are available since I'm a little
pistol.I have come to realize though, by sitting here on the east coast I
can hear Europe as early as 1900 U.T.C. on 40 meters. And what do I hear?
Stations in Germany working stations in France and getting points.  I
presume this goes on all day, as long as a station wants.  On 40 meters
they get double points and they only work a distance equal to Marland to
Michigan or less.  Most stateside stations have to work further than that
just to reach Canada or Mexico.

The CQWW has a "North American" rule which should probably be modified
and applied to the WPX.  1 point for QSO's with other call areas within
one's own country. This would be your geographical call area, not the
area in your callsign.

        Examples:

        1.) KW4T in Maryland (3 land) works a station in PA (3 land) for
        Zero points.

        2.)  KW4T in Marland (3 land) works a station in VA (4 land) for
        One point on 10m,15m, and 20m - Two points on 40m,80m, and 160.

Of course this would require that I sign KW4T/3 which I'm not crazy about
but it would work to make the contest a little more interesting.  This
would be for North American stations.

The kids are standing by with the fire hose.

73 from Lake Moneysgone,  Dan,  KW4T