[CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q
From: alan@es.com (alan@es.com)
Date: Wed May 5 14:01:57 1999
Speaking of busted calls...

For quite a long time, I have noticed that some operators like to replace
the O in my call for a zero (0). Let's face it, if you don't put a slash
through the 0 it is difficult to tell them apart. This happens quite a bit
on both phone and CW. Even when I was K6XO, a common error on phone was K6X0
(zero)...go figure. I don't know how people are logging these errors, but I
attempt to make sure that they have my call corrected before I move on. When
I operated in the Poisson d'Avril and Beetle Valley QSO parties, this
happened on nearly every QSO and my rates were horrible. No doubt this
coming weekend in the UBETU QSO party, the same thing will undoubtedly
occur.

.... ..

Alan, KO7X (not K07X)

"No extra points are awarded for having a clean ham shack."