[CQ-Contest] ROTTEN OPERATING ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ROTTEN OPERATING ?
From: otterstad@enter.vg (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Thu Jan 3 12:18:07 2002

I certainly favor maximizing productivity and enjoyment of each QSO.  As
one OM posted, I can't afford a chain of 10 wpm cw school exchanges, where
each party exchanges callsigns 3 times etc., there is a need for efficiency
as well as encouraging newbies to participate in contesting.

Having been in the game long enough to copy QRQ I have no problem with your
thoughts, except that we may loose some potential recruits in the process if
the speed always is high. Over the years I may have bored some people with
slow ( below 20 wpm) "CQ contest ", but I have habitually gone 40 wpm back to
somebody        I know can copy higher speeds, i.e.  if f ex K1AR calls me !  hi

By frequently calling with slower speed I belive I have been able to attract
some stations who otherwise would not have called and perhaps encouraged them
to continue contesting.
Admittedly,I have never had any ambitions to set a world record, just having
fun.

HNY
73

Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO
located in Telemark - home of skiing.

My antenna "farm" can be found on HTTP://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he when you
click on  Radio.

Take a look at: http://WWW.visitTelemark.com

or  http://www.visitnorway.com