[CQ-Contest] [book] call for chapter ideas

Subject: [CQ-Contest] [book] call for chapter ideas
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Thu Jan 24 21:01:38 2002

> How about a chapter about "Joe Tribander with 200W".

Make that 100w, most joe tribanders probably don't have a 200w radio and
feel pretty good if they can get a full 100w most of the time.

To really get down to the nitty gritty, add chapters on how to contest
from an apartment, and how to contest from a mobile station... and don't
forget the vhf/uhf contesters and rovers.

>Sounds like there are two clear choices - "already" contesters and
>"wannabe" contesters.
>
>If there's a third it would be people who don't realize yet that they
want >to be contesters.

And another audience, those who don't think they want to become hams
because all they have seen is 2m repeaters or the local ot chatting with
his buddy across town.  If this is made into a cd/dvd with professional
grade multi media clips I would like to see it include a chapter, or
appendix maybe, on getting a license and then get distributed to clubs
or individuals who want to take it to schools, boys and girls clubs, boy
and girl scouts, etc.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net