[CQ-Contest] TenTec Orion questions regarding SO2R suitability

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TenTec Orion questions regarding SO2R suitability
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Thu May 8 16:29:43 2003
This is exactly what CT Partner Mode is designed for.  The "partner" can type
in a callsign, and the run operator can elect to work his own callsign, or with
one keystroke, grab the partner's callsign instead.  It takes two computers
networked together, unless you have mastered MO1K (multi-operator, one
keyboard).

73 - Jim AD1C

--- Dale L Martin <kg5u@hal-pc.org> wrote:

> The primary operator would be calling cq on the transmitter and main
> receiver.  The other op listened on the subreceiver.  Between the two, a
> couple of calls could generally be pulled from the pileup to work in quick
> succession.  One of the interesting phenomena was the frequency at which the
> other operator and I both picked the same call.  It didn't seem to matter if
> the note was high, medium, low, strong, medium or weak.  Tuning off
> frequency about a half-kHz seemed to help.

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC