Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight
From: "Bob Naumann - W5OV" <W5OV@W5OV.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 06:04:28 -0500
 N7MAL said:

"I received 17, yes 17, private emails asking me to name names. Well for
obvious reasons I am not going to do that but I wanted to respond publicly
to at least this one, because I found it interestingly offensive. As you can
see it comes from someone who has gained a certain amount of stature in the
contesting community."  (referring to K1AR's email below)

What are the obvious reasons that you won't name names?  The reasons are not
obvious to me.

You earlier said: "It is easy to see that Packet-Cluster cheating is rampant
and is a real threat to honest contesting."

If it is so rampant, then please name names (callsigns) and let's get this
threat under control before honest contesting as we know it is destroyed.

73,

Bob W5OV