Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

To: <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>, <k0luz@topsusa.com>,"Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>, "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>,"Barry" <w2up@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions
From: "Russell Hill" <rustyhill@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:48:06 -0600
I have finally figured out how we can handle all this:

You look on K1TTT's analysis to find out who the Casual Contesters were who
used Packet/Telnet (Gasp!) who did not submit logs and THOUGHT they did
"not" enter the contest and you DQ them from the contest they thought they
did not enter.

They you remove all contacts with the DQed Casual Contesters from all the
logs of the REAL Contesters who sent in logs.

Then you can apply the standard 3 QSO penalty for each QSO with all those
who logged contacts with the misbehaving Casual Contesters.

At this point most entrants likely have a net total QSO score of some
negative value, so their scores will end up a negative value.  Now they can
also be DQed from the contest.

In case there any entrants left standing who actually still have a positive
score they can be declared the winners.  It should be a short list.

Just to make sure the word gets out, a list of all the offending Casual
Contesters who broke the rules of a contest they THOUGHT they did not enter
could be published so that all the REAL Contesters can refuse to work them
in the future.  That oughtta teach them to break the rules!!

:>)

MX & HNY!

73,
Rusty, na5tr