Re: [CQ-Contest] radio MP vs all

To: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] radio MP vs all
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 06:55:26 +0200
Well I don´t know since I don´t have one with ALL the mods.

Sherwood himself has measured a R-4C with CF-600/6 roofing
filter at 84 dB dynamic range.

I have a late SNR R-4C with 6EJ7/6BE6 mixers that also has
the CF600/6 filter that I measured to 82 dB.

Some work can be done to the mixers and I´m sure one can
improve it quite a few dB,  however I haven´t done so yet
but I plan to as soon as I get enough time.

73 Jim SM2EKM