Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP SSB 160m

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP SSB 160m
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:20:15 -0500
Roger,

I think you're wasting your breath, electronically speaking, on this one.
There is sadly a segment of contesters who decline to recognize band plans.
They seem to have the mindset of "if it's not technically outside the letter
of the regulations, it's OK."  Arguments regarding courtesy and good amateur
practice are swept aside, as "winning" the contest at any or all costs is
paramount.

In fact, don't be surprised if some of these induhviduals tell you that it's
your own fault for daring to operate 160 CW during a contest -- you as a
contester should know better -- and that if you don't like it, go operate
the WARC bands.

Of course, many of these are the same induhviduals who cry the blues when
the various web sites start posting anti-contest articles and/or comments.
You'd think that some would see the connection...

This poor horse has been beaten to death, shipped to the glue factory, and
had it's remains from there turned into puppy chow.  So don't expect much to
be gained from here.  Even though many on this and other forums agree with
you, but we're not the ones you have a gripe with, more's the pity.

73, ron w3wn