Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules
From: "Mike Reagan" <mreagan@preciscom.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:01:55 -0600
Perhaps someone has already noted this:  Since the technology is available,
remote stations for M/M, M2, and M/S operations and remote receivers for all
of us are readily available...Cost would not be an issue since most of the
OPS at a Multi Multi have their own home stations complete with
radios,antennas, computers and internet connections..At a Multi/Multi with
10 Ops one could simply link one or more of the OPS home stations to the
location of the multi.......Perhaps some are already doing this...the
advantage for same band S&P would be worth the effort..as would the use of a
location with more favorable terrain to a particular direction...since all
the equipment is already in place the cost is close to zero...

Getting back to the rules ... I suggest we should find a place for all new
technology..that is what this hobby is all about..finding new, better and in
some cases just differing ways of communicating...

Mike Reagan
NI7T
Price, Utah
http://www.ni7t.com