[CQ-Contest] QST contesting issue idea

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QST contesting issue idea
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 08:10:52 -0700
     The results for three ARRL contests are going to be published in the
July, 2007 issue of QST:

http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/2006/10meter.pdf
http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/2007/rtty.pdf
http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/2007/janvhf.pdf

     I think it would be a great idea for next year to make the July issue of
QST the "contesting" issue, similar to the annual "antenna issue".  These
three contest results cover a wide range of contesting activity: VHF, HF RTTY,
HF CW, and HF Phone.  These contests are also among the more accessible for
newcomers.  Throw in the fact that the July issue hit mailboxes right about
when Field Day is happening, and it seems like a perfect opportunity to
talk up the sport in the magazine.  Throw in an extra article or two about
contesting ("my state QSO party mobile effort", "you've tried Field Day
and you think you like it, now what?") and maybe we encourage people to
plan and get ready for the fall contest season.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com