Re: [CQ-Contest] Mini-Spiral Flourescent Lights and Amateur Radio

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Mini-Spiral Flourescent Lights and Amateur Radio
From: Gilles RENUCCI <ve2tzt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:02:59 +0000
Here, I use fluorescent lights as often as possible (when warn-up delay or
color is not a concern) and their are far to be a rfi problem today.

In the future, if incandescent are banned, I am afraid that the manufacturers
will come in a price war, inducing lower quality, and then the rfi problems
will start.

The same thing had happened with low voltage (12V) halogen lights when the
former classic transformers had been replaced by low quality switching power
supplies and their S-9 noise at 200 ft around.

Gilles, VE2TZT