[CQ-Contest] SO2R in the CW Sprint

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R in the CW Sprint
From: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:26:49 -0700 (PDT)
WC7S:
>Tree,
>  You problably all already there, if I read in between the lines in your
post, >is what I've felt for quite a while: put more of the thinking, planning
and >stratagy back into the efforts, rather than brute force. Fewer radios,
yes, >fewer band changes, yes, and a qsy rule that eliminates altogether the
camping >out on a freq.

I think the example used by NS3T about his QSO with N4AF isn't indicative of
what goes on in the Sprint.  It is very rare that you could make a 20m Q, get a
reply on 40m for a Q, and then get right back into making another Q on the
previous 20m frequency.

Besides if you've worked a Q on 20m, shifted focus to 40m and then left the
other radio on the same freq on 20m you're doing SO2R in the Sprint funky (or
at least, not the way I would do it).

SO2R isn't brute force -- it's thinking and strategy.

Scott W4PA

W4PA Contest Blog - http://w4pa.journalspace.com
What Is Radio Contesting? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contesting