Re: [CQ-Contest] Domestic stations in CQWW

To: "Gordon LaPoint" <n1mgo@comcast.net>,"CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>,"Steve Harrison" <k0xp@dandy.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Domestic stations in CQWW
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 14:59:16 -0400
From: "Steve Harrison" <k0xp@dandy.net>
To: "Gordon LaPoint" <n1mgo@comcast.net>; "CQ-Contest"
<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 10:41 AM

SNIP

> You have to understand that in the CQWW DX contests in particular, when
> you
> call a station that's "serious" about the contest, some ops will get
> peeved
> at you and either not answer or, perhaps just to get you to stop calling,
> work but perhaps not log you. But these days, with computer logging,
> nearly
> all M/M or other serious (and knowledgeable) contesters WILL log you since
> doing so costs them nothing except the time (and, perhaps later, the
> station operator's QSL to you). If they call again on the same band for a
> "dupe" Q, work them then politely but firmly tell them "we already worked,
> thanks"; after all, they have to learn the rules about making duplicate Qs
> somehow.

Thats not quite true.  I know that in a few instances there were two or
three USA stations calling and two weak DX stations calling.  It was not
possible to work the DX stations without having first worked the two
stateside stations.  But the time I worked the two stateside stations, BOTH
DX stations had QSYed.  Lost QSO points.

73 Rich NN3W