Re: [CQ-Contest] Dumbing-Down Contests?

To: "'Paul O'Kane'" <pokane@ei5di.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dumbing-Down Contests?
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:44:40 -0000
Unfortunately, the focus seems to be on score and I feel that doing anything
that requires the operator to think beyond a simple, short exchange will be
met with a huge opposition. I think it would make us better operators to
have to copy serials or random numbers which have been generated by the log
rather than "ENN E" or some such simple string but that is obviously not the
current point of contesting.

73 -- Paul VO1HE