Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs
From: "doug smith" <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:42:07 -0600
On 2/28/08, George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:57:57PM -0700, K-ZERO-HB wrote:
> > I've recently learned that individual CQWW logs are available on the web
> > for public access.

> > I'd encourage other "non-top-tenner" players like myself to consider a
> > similar "protest".
>
> Why?
>
> I think open logs are a good thing.

Agreed.

But is it possible Hans' concerns go back to a possible ARRL policy
against DXCC credit for QSOs with stations that post complete log data
online?  (discussed on this list last Dec. 13th, I can't figure out
how to link back to the old posts but I'm sure they're available on
contesting.com)

I should note that the links W4TV posted to this policy don't seem to
work anymore,  (more accurately, don't seem to say anything about this
issue) possibly implying that the League has changed its mind on this?

http://www.arrl.org/blog/DXCC%20Dialog?ofst=25
http://www.arrl.org/blog/DXCC%20Dialog?ofst=30

Would have to say I certainly don't understand why this would be more
of an issue for non-Top-10 folks than for the big guns.
==
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66
http://www.w9wi.com