Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Xtreme Categories

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Xtreme Categories
From: "Albert Crespo" <f5vhj@orange.fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:15:28 -0000
JT1XYZZ  runs 1 militate  in Ulan Bator on 1840 KHz which is heard by his
"remote receiver" and is accessible to the public on the Internet. JT1XYZZ
can also be heard real  time on the Internet on his website. JT1XYZ  calls
CQ and indicates he is listening on 1845 KHz.  JT1XYZ then access the
Internet to a remote receiver which is open to the public on 1845 KHz which
is linked to other remote receivers on four continents.
JT1XYZ can run a pile up for 24 hours  using this method as he is a rare
multiplier.
All that is required to make a "QSO" is to be heard by the remote receiver
on 1845 KHz.
JT1XYZ is actually being controlled by the Internet and  the"operator" is
sitting in a chair  in Hollywood California, USA. JT licensing allows for
remote control operation.
W6XYZZ runs one watt and is heard by the remote receiver on 1845 KHz.  He
listens on the Internet to the JT1XYZZ remote receiver and makes a "QSO." He
thinks this is fun and works other  "extreme" stations in the same manner.
He decides to not bother "tuning" the ham bands for the 4-5 hours he has
available for the contest weekend.
I am selfish. I want W6XYZZ to bother and actually tune the bands and work
me. I know that the majority of operators have limited time to spend during
the contest weekend and if they are chasing extreme stations, that is time
taken away from actual on time activity. The majority of stations that are
on during CQWW just give out QSOs and are not competing for awards.
If we are trying to create a new concept to contesting, all W6XYZZ is doing
is to put out one watt to be heard by a "remote" station, and then just
using  the Internet.
"Extreme " seems more   like Internet gaming then "wireless radio."
Why  does this nonsense have to occur during CQWW? Why cannot it be a
separate event?
73, Albert , 6W1RY