Re: [CQ-Contest] Categories, Participation and Competition

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Categories, Participation and Competition
From: "Richard F DiDonna NN3W" <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:44:33 -0400
I generally oppose contests within contests as it likely will adversely
affect operating on the part of the contest which does not overlap with the
main portion of the contest.  Late nights on the low bands will get tougher
if there are significant off times.

If you're going to do off times, or truncated contesting, have it be a
straight 24 hour test (within the 48 hour contest), and have it be on day 2
which tends to suffer from reduced QSO rates.

73 Rich NN3W