Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX M/S Rule

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX M/S Rule
From: "Gerry Lynch" <director@allianceparty.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:29:14 -0000
> From: cq-contest-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:cq-contest-
> bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of PD2R

At least in CQWW and contests that have a similar M/S rule (e.g. IOTA),
M/S is by far my favourite category of entry.

However, if I wanted to add a new category to contesting, rather than a
M/1 class (and yes, I've struggled in enough operations with less than
optimal mult stations over the years, but I still couldn't be bothered
with M/1), I would love there to be a M/S class, with full mult station
capability, indeed like in IOTA with no boring 10 minute rule, but
instead with no cluster assistance allowed, which would be a real test
of mult operator skill.

At the minute, only single op categories have no packet sections in
pretty much any contest.  This goes back, of course, to the days when
one of the big advantages of a M/S station was having your "spotting
net" combing the bands.  Well, let's go back to that in a way that
encourages people to build teams with a diversity of skills - the
high-octane high-band rate monsters, the low-band noise fighters, and
the mult ops who can find an A3 off the side of their beams from under
the bottom of an RTTY QSO.

73

Gerry GI0RTN