Re: [CQ-Contest] unIDs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] unIDs
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 06:55:14 -0500
Guys, you are all missing the best way to police the offenders.  Work them
but don't log them.  If they see their UBN rate climbing, they will change
their practice.  After all, they are trying to win.  And a lower net score
will not help them win.  So, if you want to make a point, do that.

You could call it unsportsmanlike to do this but I would argue its worse to
not sign for minutes on end.

Personally, what I do is move on but memorize the freq and keep returning
until I hear the call and then log it.  I noticed with one guy, I logged it
10 mins after actually working the guy.  I then wondered if the time
difference would bust the Q for me in the log checking but decided to log it
any way.

To KR2Q's comment, I would beg to differ with your observation.  You could
hear me arrive, work the guy and "appear to move on", but I am still
listening for the call.  And I don't use packet or skimmer.  So be careful
what you assume.

Ed  N1UR