Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:34:19 -0500
When did getting QSL's from a contest QSO become a bad thing?

I've been in this radio thing since 1975 and have used the buro a LOT.
And I am willing to wager that at least 50% of my QSL's that I would use
for WAS, DXCC, WAZ, etc. are from my contest operating.

I agree sending out a QSL for every contact in a contest is just plain
stupid. This is just crazy and not needed.  BUT, after the contest is
over, and I look over the say 2000 QSO's made in the past 48 hours, I
find 50 are new states, countries, zones, etc.  sending out card
requests for those, what is wrong with that.  And then later on as the
QSL requests coming in to me from the other side of the contacts from
people that need Wisconsin, or Sauk county, or whatever, is a small
steady flow of cards that at first come in and then go back out.

What is wrong with any of that?

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme