[CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQWW CW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQWW CW
From: Lloyd Cabral <kh6lc@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:13:56 -1000

>From my perspective the problem isn't listening up a specific amount...a few
>hundred hertz.   On crowded bands it does
become a problem when someone is listening up over several khz.   In that
situation, people spread out hoping to find
that "sweet spot" and make the contact.    If you jump in somewhere between the
station and his "wide pile" you certainly
hear about it.   At that point a single station is indeed taking up much more
spectrum than necessary.    This isn't about a
single signals bandwidth.   It's about the responsibility of an operator to
keep his pileup in close and the "total bandwidth"
used to a minimum.   If there's more room to operate then everyone has more
fun.
73 & Aloha
Lloyd  KH6LC